Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing #8- Creative Commons

I had never heard of Creative Commons before this lesson and never honestly even noticed the "CC" written on web material. I think it is a great way to allow people to share, create, and expand their knowledge. I personally use downloaded images and audio and video clips all the time in my classroom. It it nice to know that there is a legal and fair way to share information on the web. I think CC will impact the way students learn and create by allowing them to use certain web content in class projects that they might not otherwise not be able to use. The only potential I can think of for using CC is there might be a chance someone completely uses the material in the same way without actually using it to create something original. Overall I think CC is a great way of sharing web content and enhancing the freedoms for students and teachers in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment