Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing #7- Commenting

I have really enjoyed receiving the few comments I've had so far- and I have to admit I got a little bit giddy when I got my first one! I also have enjoyed reading the blogs/comments my coworkers have written. I think commenting is an essential part of the blogging community because it creates conversation and keeps the writing interactive. I read on several blogs that receiving comments is what motivates them to continue blogging. I think just knowing that someone took the time to read what you wrote makes you feel like the effort was worthwhile. I can expect that students will feel this way too, which hopefully will help motivate them! I think that blogging/commenting in the classroom will allow students to have more academic interaction with their peers and encourage them to take ownership in their writing. I also think that blogging will help students "write with an audience in mind" which is an important part of the writing process. I know my third graders will need plenty of modeling and practice with this, but hopefully it will be a valuable learning experience. I look forward to being able to read my student's blogs next year and hopefully get some good conversation going!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are exactly right - having an "audience" really makes students want to put more effort into their writing and do a better job.

    ReplyDelete